Register to vote!
- UNLV women struggle in opening round of MW golf championships April 24, 2014Despite star junior Dana Finkelstein’s 1-over-par 73 and senior Demi Mak’s 2-over 74, UNLV struggled in the opening round of the Mountain West women’s golf championships Thursday at Rancho Mirage, Calif. The Rebels came in at 15-over 303, 10 shots behind first-round leader San Diego State.
- Nevada resident sues Seahawks over ticket policy April 24, 2014John E. Williams lives in Nevada. And that was a problem for Williams, who wanted to attend the NFC Championship Game in Seattle.
- Yankees’ Pineda suspended 10 games for pine tar April 24, 2014New York Yankees pitcher Michael Pineda was suspended for 10 games Thursday after being caught using pine tar to help him grip the ball.
- Blowout by Aces puts Wranglers on thin ice April 24, 2014Only a handful of teams in pro sports history have rallied to win a playoff series after trailing 3-0. That’s the daunting challenge facing the Wranglers.
- Top Rank’s Bob Arum: ‘I intend to do fights in Vegas’ April 24, 2014The Top Rank chairman said his now-frosty relationship with MGM Resorts won’t impact his ability to do business in Las Vegas and beyond. The MGM, which has strong bonds with Floyd Mayweather, Golden Boy Promotions and the Ultimate Fighting Championship can survive as well.
- Report: Proposed cost of UNLV stadium ranges from $490 million to $682 million April 24, 2014The proposed cost of a new UNLV on-campus 50,000-seat stadium ranges from $490 million for an open-air venue to $632 million for a domed facility and $682 million for a retractable roof stadium, according to a consultant report being presented Thursday to the UNLV stadium board.
- Brad Keselowski wants NASCAR doubleheaders, Las Vegas championship race April 24, 2014Outspoken 2012 series champion proposes major overhaul to Sprint Cup schedule.
- Rebels ready to move past five-game skid April 24, 2014UNLV is tied for second in the Mountain West, four games back of New Mexico in the loss column, and what felt like a certainty a few weeks ago when it came to NCAA at-large chances for the Rebels isn’t all that assured now. Which in no way has their head coach worried.
- Did you hear the one about Reuss and Lasorda in a whirlpool? April 24, 2014On the cover of the new book Jerry Reuss finally got around to writing is a picture of him standing on the pitcher’s mound looking mostly irritated, and of Tommy Lasorda, looking mostly blurry, in the foreground. Blurry Lasorda, it can be assumed, is about to remove irritated Reuss from the ballgame.
- Rebels golf team aims for postseason goals April 24, 2014It has become a familiar story for UNLV’s men’s golf team at this time of the year. It’s time for the Mountain West championships, which means the NCAA Regionals are just around the corner. It also brings up the question why the Rebels, who have had very talented teams over the years, have failed to capture the title.
- LEFTOVERS: Browns QB shows skill around grill April 24, 2014The Cleveland Browns aren’t accustomed to winning. So anything that’s remotely positive connected to the franchise is going to get the team’s attention. In this case, it was quarterback Brian Hoyer winning a cooking contest last weekend.
- Criticized as too quiet, Davis takes control of media session, hurls insults at Jones April 24, 2014Perhaps no fighter in the Ultimate Fighting Championship has so quietly put together as good a resume as light heavyweight Phil Davis. He has clearly decided the time has come to make some noise.
- Fisherman as artist and scientific researcher April 24, 2014There is something exciting about slipping up to the edge of a small mountain stream with a fishing rod in your hand, especially if the stream is one you have never fished before. It is like a blank canvas to an artist who has yet to determine where to begin working with his first brush stroke.
- Gator armed for long haul April 24, 2014Of all the ways to measure the health of Keola Paragas’ pitching arm, the number six does it best. As in, six starts this season for the Green Valley baseball team.
- Foothill starts fast, doesn’t let up on Liberty April 24, 2014Four batters into Wednesday’s game at Liberty, Foothill softball coach Tom Mayes already had an inkling that it might be a good day for his Falcons.
- A dozen NFL games to circle for next season April 24, 2014The 2014 NFL season will kick off Sept. 4 in Seattle, where the Super Bowl champion Seahawks will be honored before the boisterous 12th Man in the regular-season opener against the Green Bay Packers. A full schedule for the upcoming season was announced by the league on Wednesday.
- Kris Bryant hitting ‘em where they ain’t in Double-A April 24, 2014Through 19 games, former Bonanza High star and top Chicago Cubs prospect is hitting .303 with 4 homers and 10 RBIs.
- UNLV women win opener in MW tennis April 23, 2014The UNLV women’s tennis team opened the Mountain West championship tournament with a 4-1 victory over Air Force on Wednesday in Fresno, Calif.
- Maybe 51s’ success can sway city April 23, 2014I’m not sure if winning leads to more dialogue. Or if larger crowds translate to the opening of minds and doors in and around City Hall. Or if success on a scoreboard means more in a board room.
- Down 0-2 in series, Wranglers showing no signs of panic April 23, 2014Earlier this season, Wranglers center Chad Nehring’s girlfriend, Canadian Karinne Seiferling, outlasted four other people to win a Calgary radio station’s “Panic Room” contest.
Share this post
About The Author