KCEP (Power 88) FM is seeking an experienced leader to serve as an Account Representative for public urban radio. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining corporate and business support for KCEP-FM. The position involves identifying potential business contributors then preparing customized proposals and presentations based on market and demographic research.
The duties of the Account Representative include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Researches and develops underwriting leads and prospective revenue sources.
• Prepare letters of intent and initial contract correspondence for leads
• Keep records including filing of weekly reports, underwriting contracts, client presentations, donor leads and follow ups as required
• Ensures that all underwriting contracts are reviewed by the Senior Account Representative
• Responsible for maintaining a consistent client base
• Maintains knowledge of/and adheres to Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules and regulations, as well as KCEP and EOB policies and procedures regarding underwriting and special event announcements
• Adheres to all EOB Fiscal Services accounting policies and procedures
• Suggest appropriate donation/underwriting announcement schedules
• Obtain sponsorships for station events and special programming
• Performs related duties as assigned
High school diploma or GED equivalent
Experience closely related to the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Must have a car and current car insurance
Bachelor Degree in Business, Advertising, Marketing, Communication or related field
2-5 years’ experience in media sales, business to business sales and promotions
Contacts sources within small, medium and large businesses as well as advertising agencies
Demonstrated ability to analyze and apply market research data and strong communications skills
Knowledge of FCC underwriting and noncommercial station regulations a plus
THIS IS A COMMISSION ONLY POSITION
To be considered you must submit the following without exception: cover letter, resume, Economic Opportunity Board of Clark County application and a list of three professional references.
MUST be mailed to:
Attn: Human Resources
330 W. Washington Avenue
Las Vegas, NV. 89106