Register to vote!
- Performance is ode to mother, from son in the sky September 30, 2014“I just watched it unfold. The helplessness you have,” Jonathan Cole says of his mother’s cancer and trails off. He choreographed a three-ladder routine for six aerialists, which debuts Sunday at “Circus Couture.”
- Ex-actress Amanda Bynes arrested for DUI in LA September 29, 2014Former actress Amanda Bynes was arrested early Sunday morning on suspicion of driving while under the influence of a drug, authorities said Monday.
- Ocean-to-table September 29, 2014Paul Bartolotta was calling from Florence, Italy, in response to an interview request. And although he was far from his restaurant at Wynn Las Vegas, the executive chef of Bartolotta Ristorante di Mare was working.
- AC/DC’s Malcolm Young being treated for dementia September 29, 2014The guitarist and founding member announced Wednesday his retirement from the band, and will not be joining them in the studio for the band’s next album, “Rock Or Bust,” due December 1, according to Washington Post.
- Jane Fonda speaks about mother’s abuse at Rape Foundation brunch September 29, 2014Jane Fonda told an audience of activists and philanthropists that her mother had been sexually abused as a child before eventually committing suicide at 42.
- Marino recalls Rivers’ unsurpassed work ethic September 29, 2014The hardest-working man or woman in show business? Few could match Joan Rivers’ work ethic, according to Frank Marino, longtime star of “La Cage” at the Riviera and of “Divas” at The Quad for the past five years.
- Philharmonic begins season on solid note September 29, 2014After two years of searching, the Las Vegas Philharmonic season got off to a strong start Saturday with its new music director Donato Cabrera at the helm.
- ‘Merrily’ rolls along brilliantly September 29, 2014“How did you get to be here?” is the question that “Merrily We Roll Along” explores as it follows the life of everyman Frank Shepard backward from the despair of his empty success to a time when his heart was still full of youthful hope.
- Denzel Washington proved to be reliable at box office September 28, 2014“The Equalizer,” a thriller starring Denzel Washington as a man who helps rescue a teen girl under the control of Russian gangsters, debuted in the top spot on U.S. and Canadian movie charts over the weekend with $35 million in ticket sales.
- Sorry ladies and gents, George Clooney got married September 28, 2014Wedding bands glinted under the Venetian sun on the hands of George Clooney and his new bride, Amal Alamuddin, as the heartthrob actor and the human rights lawyer emerged Sunday from the luxury hotel where they were married a day earlier.
- Aretha Franklin album of diva classics due Oct. 21 September 28, 2014Aretha Franklin is showing some R-E-S-P-E-C-T to her fellow divas: The Queen of Soul will release an album Oct. 21 covering classic songs from other female singers.
- Which less-obvious entertainers add up in Nevada history? September 28, 2014A spotlight on Sonny Charles in recent concert for Nevada’s 150th inspires a list of other less-heralded entertainment veterans.
- Perry in no real hurry to act her age September 28, 2014Katy Perry’s show was about two different types of suspension: from the venue’s rafters, via a harness that the singer used to soar high above the crowd on several occasions, and from the eye-rolling demands of being a grown-up.
- NFL keeps tabs on players visiting Vegas September 28, 2014Private investigators and others have been hired over the years to help “protect the shield,” Commissioner Roger Goodell’s favorite mantra when it comes to the league’s brand.
- Mother and son feel at home making music onstage September 28, 2014Pianist Kenny and his parents have moved to Las Vegas. The younger Davidsen appears on Wednesdays and Saturdays starting at 8 p.m. at Don’t Tell Mama piano bar in downtown Las Vegas. He also headlines on Friday nights at the Tuscany, appearing with guest singers. Kenny is also pianist/musical director for several performers and bands.
- Carter to unveil Wonder Woman slots at G2E September 30 September 27, 2014Wonder Woman star Lynda Carter will appear in the Bally Technologies, Inc. booth #1126 at the Global Gaming Expo (G2E) on Tuesday, September 30, to help Bally unveil two brand-new slot games based on the beloved 1970s TV show.
- Lorde returns to Vegas for a fourth time this year September 27, 2014Lorde, what a year she has had. Even if we just stick to Las Vegas. Seriously, four trips?
- YouTube beauty guru Michelle Phan getting into music biz September 27, 2014Michelle Phan, YouTube beauty maven and entrepreneur, now wants to get her manicured hands into the music biz as well.
- Chelsea Clinton, husband welcome baby girl September 27, 2014Bill and Hillary Rodham Clinton are grandparents. Their daughter, Chelsea, gave birth Friday to her first child, Charlotte.
- Patrick Dempsey holds 1st running fundraiser since mom’s death September 27, 2014Thousands of runners took part Saturday in the sixth Dempsey Challenge, the first time the cancer support fundraiser in honor of Patrick Dempsey’s mother has been held since her death.
Share this post
About The Author