Register to vote!
- Valley residents tell the tales behind their favorite concert mementos July 24, 2014In honor of summer concert season, we asked Southern Nevadans to show us their favorite concert T-shirts and share with us the memories those tees hold.
- ‘Sharknado’ sequel layers on the cheese July 24, 2014“Sharknado 2: The Second One” (9 p.m. Wednesday, Syfy) really is that much better in a bad way (or that much worse in a good way, depending on your perspective) than the original.
- Fast, free and always off script July 24, 2014It’s a bit past 3 on a Saturday afternoon, and Country Chuck is comparing himself to household cleaning supplies and perspiration-absorbing skin care products.
- New Lola’s to finally open in August July 23, 2014A crowd-pleasing Louisiana-style eatery is nearing a new opening date.
- East Valley View Things to do for July 24-30, 2014 July 23, 2014Event highlights this week include a Winchester Skate Team art show and Pioneer Settlement Day.
- Things to do in Henderson July 24-30, 2014 July 23, 2014Free concerts and films are on the calendar for this week in Henderson.
- 4 inspiring movies about growing up July 23, 2014No one said growing up is easy, but here are four movies that just might inspire kids and make the struggle a little easier. Adults might even learn something too.
- Opening Friday: Johnson, Johansson wage war July 23, 2014Here’s a look at this week’s new movies, “Hercules,” “Lucy,” “And So It Goes,” “A Most Wanted Man,” “Wish I Was Here,” “The Fluffy Movie” and “Le Chef”:
- Comic Con begins its four-day run in San Diego July 23, 2014Like Batman responding to a beaming Bat signal in the sky, fans are streaming to San Diego for the 45th annual Comic-Con pop culture extravaganza.
- Art scene influence stretching farther west toward Summerlin July 23, 2014Many Las Vegans think of downtown and First Friday when talking about the local art scene. But now, a new venue for artists has opened on the west side of town.
- Lineup announced for iHeartRadio July 23, 2014Friends, not-so-friendly rivals, retiring rockers, an outlaw country cuss and more are among the acts highlighting the iHeartRadio Music Festival, whose lineup has been announced.
- Small plates: bananas and doughnuts July 23, 2014Here’s some small dishes to tantalize the palate.
- DIY ham salad July 23, 2014Sometimes it’s not only best, but also easiest, to just make something yourself.
- Stock’s Israel vacation gets very real, fast July 23, 2014Talk-show host Alan Stock flew to Israel on the Fourth of July for a two-week working vacation. Some vacation.
- ‘Mamma Mia!’ closing after ‘Money, Money, Money’ doesn’t materialize at Trop July 23, 2014The second time wasn’t the charm for the blockbuster musical “Mamma Mia!”, which will close at the Tropicana after Aug. 3 after only a three-month run.
- No sunglasses required for this Ray Charles tribute July 22, 2014Ray Charles tribute last seen at The Smith Center jumps to Strip at casino executive’s request
- Beetles kill George Harrison memorial tree July 22, 2014A tree planted in Los Angeles to honor former Beatle George Harrison has been killed — by beetles.
- Kings of Leon move Vegas show outdoors July 22, 2014The show is being billed as a “seven-hour beer-topia.”
- First Friday happenings for Aug. 1, 2014 July 22, 2014The First Friday arts festival is scheduled from 5 to 11 p.m. Aug. 7 at venues throughout the 18b Arts District in downtown Las Vegas. Admission is free, and free parking with shuttle service is available at the Clark County Government Center, 500 S. Grand Central Parkway. Live entertainment, artists’ booths, food vendors and more are planned.
- Def Leppard planning return Vegas residency July 22, 2014Currently on the road with Kiss, Def Leppard have signified their intent to return for a second residency at The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel in the wake of their tour mates recently announcing their own extended engagement at the venue.
Share this post
About The Author