Register to vote!
- Cream’s bassist Jack Bruce dies at 71 October 25, 2014British musician Jack Bruce, best known as the bass player and vocalist of the power blues trio Cream, died Saturday at his home, his family and publicist said. He was 71.
- Halloween treats at local restaurants October 25, 2014A number of local businesses are offering Halloween-themed treats and Halloween specials.
- J.K. Rowling plans Umbridge short story for Halloween October 24, 2014It’s no Halloween trick: There’s more witchcraft and wizardry in store for “Harry Potter” fans, who can expect a new tale from author J.K. Rowling on Oct. 31.
- Life Is Beautiful has distinctly Vegas feel October 24, 2014Those who showed up early Friday for whatever reason found the early hours of the festival’s added third day to be almost like a preview, before the real crowd arrived for festivities that included evening headliner Kanye West on the main stage and local heroes Panic at the Disco on the second-largest stage.
- Vegas celebrates ‘Britney Day’ Nov. 5 October 24, 2014Caesars Entertainment says pop star Britney Spears will get a key to the Las Vegas Strip and celebrate with her own dedicated day.
- American String Quartet deserves larger audience October 24, 2014The American String Quartet, arguably one of the world’s finest string quartets, gave a breathtaking performance Thursday at UNLV’s Doc Rando Recital Hall. It’s too bad so many valley residents missed it.
- Reba McEntire’s dad, Clark, dies at 86 October 24, 2014Clark McEntire, the father of country music superstar Reba McEntire, has died in Oklahoma.
- Artists meeting with fans downtown October 24, 2014Fitz and the Tantrums, Matt & Kim and more appearing at free event.
- Citing children’s welfare, TLC cancels ‘Honey Boo Boo’ October 24, 2014TLC has pulled the plug on “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo” following allegations that the mother at the center of the show has been romantically linked to a convicted child molester.
- J. Law buys star-status home in Beverly Hills October 24, 2014Though she cleaves fiercely and admirably to her pre-fame sanguinity and candor it really doesn’t come as much surprise to this veteran celebrity property gossip that the honest to goodness if freshly anointed show business cynosure known as Jennifer Lawrence would select as her first Tinseltown real estate purchase a high-priced and celebrity pedigreed pad […]
- ABC making modern ‘Phantom of the Opera’ TV show October 24, 2014ABC is developing a contemporary take on “The Phantom of the Opera” shepherded by “Desperate Housewives” creator Marc Cherry.
- Amazing Johnathan says emotional goodbye October 24, 2014Amazing Johnathan was back in his element: on stage, in glorious form, in front of a roaring full house. Then he delivered a line that silenced the room.
- On Budget: 5 free shows October 24, 2014See British punks The Vibrators, some Cramps-style swamp rock and more for free.
- Five Finger Death Punch set to knock out The Joint October 24, 2014Vegas-based metallers have overcome personal struggles to become one of the most popular bands of their kind.
- Festival offers gritty alternative to Life Is Beautiful October 24, 2014Eclectic music fest pairs local and national indie bands.
- Timberlake among coming concerts October 24, 2014Tickets going on sale for coming shows, including Justin Timberlake, Imagine Dragons and more.
- Sands ‘Summit’ at Nevada State Museum concludes ‘Copa Connection’ series October 24, 2014The 1962 “Summit at the Sands” made showroom — and showbiz — history with its Rat Pack rendezvous. Now, almost two decades after the legendary Strip casino went boom, a “Summit About the Sands” — Saturday at the Nevada State Museum — explores its ongoing legacy.
- Aaron Sorkin confirms Christian Bale to play Steve Jobs October 24, 2014Aaron Sorkin has confirmed that Christian Bale will play Steve Jobs in Sony’s upcoming biopic about the Apple co-founder. Sorkin penned the script and Danny Boyle is attached to direct.
- Craving Casual American? Check out these eats October 24, 2014Get your grub on at one of these restaurants.
- Anthony’s Prime Steak & Seafood wins with its Rockefeller October 24, 2014We had a feeling from the moment our dish of Oysters Rockefeller was placed on the table at Anthony’s Steak & Seafood at M Resort that they were going to be something special. And these oysters weren’t all window dressing.
Share this post
About The Author