Don’t Drive Drunk – Get a Free Ride Home.
As part of our dedication to making the roads as safe as possible for all motorists, AAA is proud to offer its Tipsy Tow program. On ten different holiday and special events in 2012, we offer a free ten-mile tow home for drinking drivers and their vehicles.
The Tipsy Tow program is open to everyone. You do not need to be an AAA Member to take advantage of this service to the community.
AAA typically offers the service to drinking drivers from 6 p.m. on the holiday to 6 a.m. the following day in Northern California, Nevada and Utah. For specific dates and times, see the list below.
During the period Tipsy Tow is available, drivers, potential passengers, party hosts, bartenders, and restaurant managers can call 800-222-4357 (AAA-HELP) for a free tow home of up to ten miles. Just tell the AAA operator, “I need a Tipsy Tow,” and a truck will be on its way.
The service will provide a one-way ride for the driver and vehicle to the driver’s home. If there are additional passengers who need a ride, they will be taken to the driver’s home as long is there is sufficient room for them to be transported safely in the tow truck. You cannot make a reservation.
AAA provides its Tipsy Tow service for the following holidays in 2012:
- Super Bowl: 6:00 p.m. Sunday, February 5th – 6:00 a.m. Monday, February 6th
- St. Patrick’s Day: 6:00 p.m. Saturday, March 17th – 6:00 a.m. Sunday, March 18th
- Cinco de Mayo: 6:00 p.m. Saturday, May 5th – 6:00 a.m. Sunday, May 6th
- Memorial Day: 6:00 p.m. Monday, May 28th – 6:00 a.m. Tuesday, May 29th
- Independence Day: 6:00 p.m. Wednesday, July 4th – 6:00 a.m. Thursday, July 5th
- Labor Day: 6:00 p.m. Monday, September 3rd – 6:00 a.m. Tuesday, September 4th
- Halloween: 6:00 p.m. Wednesday, October 31st – 6:00 a.m. Thursday, November 1st
- Thanksgiving: 6:00 p.m. Thursday, November 22nd – 6:00 a.m. Friday, November 23rd
- Christmas Eve: 6:00 p.m. Monday, December 24th – 6:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 25th
- New Year’s Eve: 6:00 p.m. Monday, December 31st – 6:00 a.m. Tuesday, January 1st
Whatever you do, please don’t drink and drive. Take the Pledge! Join AAA’s commitment to driving only while drug- and alcohol-free.
AAA offers the following tips to stay safe and keep others safe on the roads:
- Drive only while drug and alcohol-free
- Plan ahead and designate a non-drinking driver before a celebration begins
- Don’t let your friends drive impaired. Take their keys away
- Never ride in a car with someone who is impaired
- Plan to take a cab or stay with a friend